Stronghold Crusader 2 is a very important game for us and our plan is to support it extensively going forwards. As a result we will be releasing regular updates to Stronghold Crusader 2 over the coming weeks and months. The first fixes will be essential stability fixes with gameplay and balance bugs being addressed after that. We also have a number of feature updates planned which we will announce nearer the time.
20-3-15 - Version: 1.0.20907 - 315 MB: Today we released a patch featuring a shedload of gameplay and balancing changes and cupboard full of bug fixes.
-Four new skirmish/multiplayer maps
-River's Kiss (4)
-Island Peril (6)
-Armour Harbour (2)
-Most AI castles have been reworked, so they build up more efficiently and intelligently
-Changes to AI build orders and building limits to account for the new AI building system in place
-The AI has a completely reworked system for dividing up its gold intelligently between troops, buildings and resources
-AIs will now capture villages according to their individual frequencies
-The Sultana now uses assassins to attack other players in skirmish games
-Up and down arrow keys can now be used to scroll through maps in the skirmish lobby
-Tower Mantlet, Tower Ballista, and Tower Haybale Launchers are now limited to 5 of each type per estate
-The number of goods carried in each CartHorse load is now set individually for each good type, instead of per storage building
-Man trap balance changes:
- Duration reduced from 6 to 3 seconds
- Siege weapons no longer trigger the trap, but will receive damage if soldiers trigger it
- Passengers of vehicles (war wagons) no longer trigger or receive damage from man traps
-Whirling Dervish splash damage reduced by 25%
-Inns, Mosques, and Churches are now limited to one each per estate (Note that this does not apply to Sandbox mode)
-Capture points will no longer be contested by a capturing player's allies entering the capture radius. The player that first began capturing the flag will gain control of the estate or gatehouse normally unless contested by enemy troops.
-Allied AI lords now coordinate their capture of Village Estates more carefully, and can now call off or redirect the forces if appropriate.
-The Knights mounting horses system has been overhauled:
- Horses now appear directly at the knights' positions, rather than having to run in from long distances first
- Fixed a number of cases where mounting horses and knights could get stuck, including with legacy save games
- Improved the Speech and UI feedback from knights when mounting fails or succeeds
- Fixed knights not restoring their attack scans after mounting
-Added hotkey "V" to select the Market (double-tap to move the camera to it) (Existing hotkeys to go to individual market pages: SHIFT+G, SHIFT+H, SHIFT+J for the granary, stockpile, armoury market pages still functional)
-Troop control and formation movement have been overhauled to look and feel much better:
- A number of performance optimizations have been added to all troop movement and formation control
- Troops select form-up positions much more accurately
- Troops now hold their relative positions much better in all formations
- Formations turn more smoothly and adjust their heading while following moving targets
- When ordered to attack an enemy unit, all formations hold their shape better, and troops on the outskirts will engage other enemies as expected
- This greatly improves the interaction of large armies attacking each other in formations such as box & line
- This fixes an issue where nearby troops would wait idly by if the commanded attack target was already fully surrounded
- Box and line formation members will now stay together when ordered to attack enemy units, as expected
- An exception is made for units that have their sprint ability activated in this way-- they will sprint at full speed and leave the formation behind in this case
- Sprinting units include Macemen, Whirling Dervishes, and Sassanid Knights
- Rabble formation (default)
- Responds more quickly and holds its shape much better. Troops turn on the spot and move right away after initial form-up.
- Note that in this formation troops move at their own pace and don't wait for one another.
- Box formation
- This formation keeps all members together at the slowest member units' pace
- Missile units now attempt to stay in the center for protection.
- Pikemen are placed on the very outside if possible
- Now forms up much more accurately, starting off slower and accelerating so troops can reach their positions
- Now allows the slowest units to keep pace much better in most cases
- Addressed a number of cases where faster units would get ahead and turn around
- Now attempts to make course adjustments and rotate without swapping formation position slots
- When units are leaving combat, this formation will attempt to retreat a bit before re-forming
- Line formation
- Has had the same enhancements as Box Formation, except that the formation is spread out in a wider shape
-Knights now mount horses instantly, rather than waiting for the horse to run from its stables to the knight’s position in order to mount.
-Knights cost 200 gold, from 150.
-Crusader Grand Towers cost 220 stone, from 180
-Whirling Dervish cost increased to 150 gold from 140, spin attack damage reduced to 15 from 20
-Catapult damage reduced to 850, from 950
-Warwolf damage reduced to 1600, from 1800
-Crossbowman damage reduced to 3600, from 4000
-A number of the original trails have been rebalanced to account for the improved AI
-Fixed player Lord selection in Custom Skirmish and multiplayer lobbies to include all available Lord avatars.
-Fixed cost of diagonal walls being cheaper than those of straight walls
-Fixed an issue where ranged troops could sometimes shoot through diagonal walls
-Fixed village estate carter horses crossing bridges
-Fixed an issue where workers could not path through village estates during Peacetime.
-When patrolling, troops now reset formation form-up time to allow box/line to reform normally when reversing direction
-Fix for carter horses that were unable to deliver to a stockpile with one of it's entrance blocked off
-Fixed an issue where AI's mantlets would not leave the siege camp
-Small changes and fixes to several skirmish maps
-Fixed an issue where AI enemies would get stuck packing and unpacking trebuchets repeatedly
-Healers will no longer heal engine tower units
-Fixed an issue where players could place walls in captured village estates
-Fixed a bug where pitch ditches could linger and burn endlessly
-Fixed certain Lords entering a T-Pose occasionally when idling
-Fixed a crash that could occur in rare cases where AI attempted to place a workshop building off an estate
-Fixed Scribe settings for minimum interval on the emigrate speech
-Fixed multiple buildings being selectable when using shift+click or shift+marquee in certain ways
-Multiplayer lobby browser:
- The number of players x/y in a given game is now updated during gameplay to show "Alive Players" / "Starting Players" including AI
- Before the match, only humans and available human slots are shown, since the host can easily change the AI lords and they will not block humans from joining
-Fixed certain hotkeys functioning when the game was task switched in fullscreen modes
-Fixed the Apothecary unit using default unit rules instead of his own
-Fixed siege equipment requiring but not deducting multiple peasants when built
-Building and Unit build buttons no longer function if the game is paused, preventing issues with lingering building proxies and enqueued troops tying up peasants who have not yet arrived.
-Fixed the unit orders buttons' tooltips sometimes popping/sticking open if the button function was changed, even if the mouse had left the button
-Fixed an issue where the Lobby's Advanced Options menu would stay open if a prior game was started without closing it first
-Siege Equipment is now always in "Hold Ground" stance to match its behaviour
-Set VSync to always enable in the Map Editor to prevent excess rendering (Thanks to Marius Radich!)
-Fixed Greatest Lord screen being disabled upon loading a custom skirmish game from a story game
-Fixed area-of-effect indicator particles sometimes lingering in the world when their owner had died
-Fixed the building tooltip remaining open if cancelling a build via a hotkey
-Fixed potential crash problems with the invasion and siege controllers
-Various performance optimisations
-Added low water detail option
-Added a no shadows option
Please note: We are aware of some reports of crashes on the forums. Often these are random crashes that are difficult for us to reproduce. If you have a save game that reproduces a crash soon after loading please submit a support ticket to support.fireflyworlds.com
Thanks for your continuing feedback and support.
Read more »