Stronghold 2 and Stronghold Legends Multiplayer Problems
If you are experiencing issues with Multiplayer games not working. There is a workaround for this problem.
Set your exe file to Windows XP SP3 Compatibility mode and setup a multiplayer game via GameRanger as per normal - http://www.gameranger.com/
You can do this by locating the exe file (default locations listed below) and following the additional instructions.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stronghold 2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stronghold Legends
2. Right click and select Properties.
3. Click on the Compatibility tab.
4. Tick 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'
5. Select 'Windows XP (Service Pack 3)'
6. Click on OK.
7. Run GameRanger and either Host or Join a game.