If you are having problems running Space Colony: Steam Edition please follow these troubleshooting steps before contacting support.
1) Do you have an anti-virus program installed on your computer?
Lots of games have problems with overprotective anti-virus programs. If you are using anti-virus please make sure Space Colony: Steam Edition has been added to your list of exceptions. Please consult your anti-virus manual for instructions on how to do this. The default installation path for the Space Colony: Steam Edition game file is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Space Colony\Space Colony.exe *
2) Make sure you have installed the prerequisite files required to run Space Colony: Steam Edition
Steam will install all the required pre-requiste files when you first run the game. If you wish to install the pre-requisites manually do the following...
Latest DirectX files:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Security Update Redistributable Package (x86):
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Security Update Redistributable Package (x86):
Latest .net Framework 4:
3) Verify your Space Colony: Steam Edition files
- Login to the Steam client
- Within Library, right-click on Space Colony and select Properties
- Select the Local Files tab and click the Verify Integrity of Game Cache... button.
- Steam will check all the game files were downloaded correctly. This process may take several minutes. If any files are missing Steam will download them the next time you run the game.
4) Use the Windows System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted Windows system files
System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files.
If you are still experiencing problems, please contact support with the following information:
- A detailed description of the problem
- A list of any security systems on your computer including anti-virus software
- A dxdiag file from your computer so that we can view your computer spec. Instructions on how to create a dxdiag file can be found here: http://support.fireflyworlds.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/115
- The Documents\Space Colony\SpaceColony.log file that is created when you run the game.