If you are experiencing issues with no sound in-game, please work though the following steps -
1. Verify Game Cache
- Open the Steam Client
- Right-Click on Stronghold Crusader 2 in your Library
- Select 'Local Files' and then 'Verify Integrity of game cache'
Hover over manage in the drop-down menu and select Verify/Repair
- Open the GOG Galaxy client
- Click on Stronghold Crusader 2 in your game library
- Click on the "MORE" button
2. Run as Admin
3. Download and Update DirectX 9.0c
- Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
- Tick the box next to the text - ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for:’
- Right click on the game .exe file and select Properties, click on Compatibility.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\<Game>
- Locate the game .exe and type - File Explorer into the Search bar and then copy and paste this line into the File Explorer search bar -
Please open the following link and download the DirectX update -
4. Check the Sound Settings in-game to ensure none of the sounds settings are set too low or at zero.
5. Delete the game config file.
Exit the game and locate the configuration file. Delete this file and reload the game.
Stronghold - C:\Users\<User Name>\Documents\Stronghold
Stronghold Crusader - C:\Users\<User Name>\Documents\Stronghold Crusader
Stronghold 3 - C:\Users\<User Name>\Documents\Stronghold 3\
Stronghold Crusader 2 - C:\Users\<User Name>\Documents\Stronghold Crusader 2\Profiles
6. Delete local content and reinstall
- Click the "Library" tab at the top of the screen.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, there will be a listing for the (game). Select the game you would like to uninstall.
- Right click the game and select "Delete Local Content..."
- A confirmation box will pop up. Click the "Delete" button. Your game will start uninstalling.
- Once the game has been uninstalled, select [game] and click install button in the page dedicated to your game.