Stronghold Crusader 2 - General Troubleshooting
Posted by Lord Victorious (Firefly) on 10 August 2019 02:45 PM
If you are having problems running Stronghold Crusader 2 please follow these troubleshooting steps before contacting support...
1) Do you have an anti-virus program installed on your computer?
Lots of games have problems with overprotective anti-virus programs. If you are using anti-virus please make sure Stronghold Crusader 2 has been added to your list of exceptions. Please consult your anti-virus manual for instructions on how to do this. The default installation path for the Stronghold Crusader 2 game file is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Stronghold Crusader 2\bin\win32_release\Crusader2.exe
2) Make sure you have installed the prerequisite files required to run Stronghold Crusader 2
3) Verify your Stronghold Crusader 2 files
4) Delete your Stronghold Crusader 2 initialisation file
Locate your C:\Users\[User]\Documents\Stronghold Crusader 2\Profiles folder and delete options.xml. This will force Stronghold Crusader 2 to redetect your computer settings again when loading the game.
5) Use the Windows System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted Windows system files
System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files.
6) If the game still does not run, check your Options Override file
If you are still experiencing problems, please contact support with the following information:
* - this is the default Steam install location for Stronghold Crusader 2